Sunday, October 24, 2010

Getting my Footing...I think

So I feel like I'm finally getting my footing as a teacher; I really feel like I'm finding my "groove".  I love all my students but I have about 4 that if I could get them to change their ways I would have the "ideal" classroom! So I told my students since we have been deemed the "bad class" that from now on we would show everyone that we weren't and that we could be the "amazing" class.  I read them the book how full is your bucket and explained to them that even when you are having a bad day you shouldn't let it effect others.  We went over our rules and we picked them apart to insure that everyone had a full understanding of what our classroom rules were.  The students know that when I say give me 5 I need their full attention whether it be in the hall or in the classroom.  I am praying these minor changes will make the rest of my year easier because I can honestly say my first 9 weeks as a teacher was hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment