Sunday, July 11, 2010

Dreams = Anxiety

I had a dream last night that I missed my Screening Interview for my recent teaching job offer. This is the last thing I have to do before I am "official" and the dream seemed all too real.

I somehow was getting dropped off by my boyfriend and then we had car trouble.  I walked the rest of the way, strangely enough when I got there one of our friends was there.  Keep in mind he has no background in education so I'm really confused.  I walked in and the people I was going to be interviewing with were prepping to speak with him.  I apologized for my lateness and was asked to have a seat.  As I sat I listened to him laugh and joke with the gentleman who had been very serious with me.  When the questioning began he froze up...

I'm still confused at this point wondering how he was so excited and relaxed before now he's acting like a different person.  He then walked out to the open area began eating a pretzel with pizza sauce and starting rambling. He completely avoided the question but the serious gentleman looked at him and said, "You know you completely bombed this interview but I like you, so I'm going to send your information on so you can begin working on 8/2."

At this point my mouth drops open and I'm thing to myself if he didn't answer the question at all then I should be fine because I went to school for this.  When I was called in I apologized again for my late arrival and then the questions began.  I breezed through the questions making sure I took my time to think and answer thoughtfully.  Then he looked at me and said, "Thank you for your time Ms. Barnes we will let you know."

I woke up out of breath...

My fear for tomorrow is that I'm going to get declined for some reason...I'm so excited about this new career path but like other things something can always go wrong and for that I am scared to death!!!! My new principal said it's all a formality and a friend did also but being that it's new I'm still nervous.

No turning back now...

No comments:

Post a Comment