Saturday, July 10, 2010

My Story...

I'm super nervous about changing professions right about now...

I have been looking forward to leaving my current job which is working in a call center for a certain wireless provider that I shall not name for a while now and I can honestly say I will miss SOME of the people there but I will definitely NOT miss the policies!

I was called for my first interview after feeling like I had chosen the wrong second major because I hadn't received any interview calls or emails.  By this time I had sent out 15 resumes via email 5 via regular mail and 14 at an education job fair.  Then one Monday morning I got my first interview call and I was so excited...the next afternoon before work I got a call for another interview. (at this time I said to myself, "Self...A'int God Good! )

So I went to my first interview on Thursday which was the second call I received and I was so nervous that I couldn't answer any of the questions she asked me with precision.  It was like we were playing a guessing game, she would ask I would stumble over the answer then she would ask again and I would be like Oh, that's what you meant... Needless to say God had it all figured out for me because after an hour of endless interruptions (thanks God for patience) and nervous answers I was offered the job teaching 4th grade in a Title 1 school.  I was so happy but then I remembered the other interview for the next day...even though I wanted to call them up and cancel I went on anyway.

For the next interview I was truly cool as a cucumber and I wanted this job something terrible after I took a tour of my soon to be school.  I breezed through this interview but had to wait until Wednesday to get any news and I had to tell the first Principal my decision by Monday.  After a weekend of praying I called the 2nd interviewer on Monday morning and explained my situation and how I really wanted to work for them I got a call back later that day saying to go with my first choice.

No Lie...I was a little devastated...

Thanking God for the opportunity I accepted my current position and now I simply await the last portion of the "interview" process which takes place on Monday, July,12 @ 11am.  I was assured by the principal and friends that have gone through this part of the process that it's simple and the only way to not make it past this part is to really say "I HATE KIDS!" which I will not do!

Stay on the Lookout for Monday's post...

Infinity...aka Ms. Barnes

No comments:

Post a Comment